Thermal Spa Eger has been welcoming its guests in its 5-hectare, wooded environment located in the centre of Eger, since 1932. Both young and old, lovers of sports and those seeking recreation and healing will find what they are looking for in the park bath offering a special atmosphere. In addition to its activity pools, the facility also features a sports field, an Olympic pool and two varieties of curative water.
Thanks to the support of the European Union, the Thermal Spa will be modernised and will be open for bathers with new services starting from 31 July 2013.
Elements to be implemented within the spa development project:
- opening of the accessible southern entrance;
- slide system with a total length of almost 200 metres, featuring three slides and a pool with a water surface of 200 square metres;
- sunbathing terrace;
- baby pool with activity elements;
- bath house accessible from the changing rooms through a closed corridor, with two pools of 100 square metre surface each, plus a resting gallery;
- renovation of the Radon curative water pool;
- renovation of the fence system.
This project will be implemented within the framework of the tender entitled “Eger Thermal Spa and Open Air Bath Tourist Developments”, under number ÉMOP 2.1.1/B-2f-2009-0008.
Total cost of the project is 701 832 482 HUF, support of the EU and the Hungarian Govornment: 49% (343 897 916 HUF).